MegaLic® 21 IGR
A Nutritional Supplement Containing (S)-Methoprene Insect Growth Regulator for Continuous Feeding to All Classes of Beef and Dairy Cattle through the Horn Fly Season.
MegaLic® 21 IGR is a supplement that is designed to provide sufficient (S)-Methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. This unique supplement is second to none when compared to other low moisture blocks. MegaLic 21 IGR is an exceptionally nutrient dense all-weather block that will give you the most for your money.
- MegaLic 21 IGR supplement is fortified with Altosid® which offers the most effective and convenient way to control horn flies in beef and dairy cattle.
- Economical: A low feeding rate means lower feeding costs (on a per head per day basis).
- High Mineral Fortification: This supplement is mineral fortified, eliminating the need for additional free-choice minerals, resulting in significant cost savings.
- Weather Resistant: Our patented, “continuous flow” manufacturing system creates a high quality, low moisture, exceptionally nutrient dense block that maintains its integrity even in hot, humid weather or precipitation.
- Minimal Labor: MegaLic 21 IGR is easy to feed. Simply place the blocks in areas of easy access to the cattle.
When used as directed, MegaLic 21 IGR will provide sufficient (S)-Methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult horn flies will not be affected. Start feeding before horn flies appear and continue use until cold weather marks the end of the horn fly season. Allow free choice to cattle. Cattle should consume an average of 0.8 ounces of MegaLic 21 IGR per 100 lbs. of animal body weight per day, which is equivalent to 8 ounces per day for a 1,000 pound animal.
Provide access to fresh water and free-choice salt at all times.
|(S)-Methoprene (CAS #65733-16-6)||0.005%|
Crude Protein, minimum
|21.0%||Cobalt, minimum||3 ppm|
|10.0%||Copper, minimum||300 ppm|
Crude Fat, minimum
|3.0%||Iodine, minimum||15 ppm|
|Crude Fiber, maximum||2.0%||Manganese, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Calcium, minimum||1.3%||Selenium, minimum||6.6 ppm|
|Calcium, maximum||1.8%||Zinc, minimum||1,200 ppm|
|Phosphorus, minimum||1.0%||Vitamin A, minimum||80,000 IU/lb|
|Potassium, minimum||2.0%||Vitamin D, minimum||8,000 IU/lb|
|Vitamin E, minimum||80 IU/lb|
ALTOSID® Insect Growth Regulator is a registered trademark of Wellmark International. Made in U.S.A.